After Koldproduk emerged on the South African hip hop scene in 2007, they were almost instantly catapulted into the mainstream limelight with the success of their first single and video, “Hush”, off their debut album All Under Heaven. 2 years later, after a highly publicised break up which saw Kaspa leaving the crew, we caught up with Moki Sage to talk about the Koldproduk follow up album, Prepare To Rise.
HYPE: What can headz expect from the second Koldproduk album?
Moki Sage: “With regards to imagination, expect something out-of-the-ordinary from Prepare To Rise. This sophomore album will swing your emotions to extreme opposites.
“We broke a lot of rules when it comes to making music in general, and Hip hop as well, and we hope you'll enjoy the journey as much as we are.”
HYPE: What was it like making the new project without Kaspa?
Moki Sage: “It was very different, and as I mention in 'Uptown', “I lost my best friend and co-rapper, I had to step up. I feel the pressure; it's difficult, I make it like it's easy.” The result is a very different Koldproduk to that which you all got to know from All Under Heaven.”
Check out HYPEmobi tomorrow for part 2 of the Koldproduk exclusive!