
V.I.C is seriously intelligent, as evident when he matriculated from high school at a mere 14 years of age!
When 50’s Get Rich Or Die Trying dropped in 2003, V.I.C officially made the transition from R&B to hip hop.
On the 8th of August this year (08-08-08), the same day he celebrated his 19th birthday, he dropped his first official mixtape, Back Down. He’s also a member of a crew called Juggernauts; they’ll drop another mixtape in the last quarter of the year.
Describing himself as diverse, V.I.C says: ‘The mixtape contains tracks with different styles of rap. I think anyone who appreciates beautiful music will have something to enjoy about Back Down.’
His music is available at Musica, Reliable, Look & Listen and all major hip hop clothing stores like Hip Hop Connexion, Hip Hop Joint, Tony’s Crib, Phat Farm and Baby Phat.
This is not a passing phase for this MC, who plans on making hip hop his sole form of income when he completes his tertiary education.
Read more on V.I.C in the Oct/Nov issue of HYPE.