Friday, 20 February 2009

2nd Part of interview with Linz


Just to recap, Linz is the former manager of Cape Town spaza MC Rattex. After Rattex left to go to Pionner Unit Records, Linz took it upon himself to rap all the unreleased material and drop his own album.

HYPE: How far along had you been recording Rattex's album before he decided to leave?

LINZ: "We were making a cross-over album which he was very happy with when we started in 2005 and the next thing, 2years down the line he said it wasn’t his style. He told me that my approach wasn’t for him, that it was a misrepresentation of his image.

So, I decided to rap the project myself, that’s how I got back to rap, thanks to him! So I’m a producer turned rapper, ha-ha. It must be fate, because a lot of people questioned my move of quitting rap to promote. Even when I was still with RTX people asked when is my album coming. They said I needed to do it, I just had to…"