
CD Review - T.I's Paper Trail
By Preach Jacobs
I guess it's unfortunate for some people to allow something terrible to happen to them in order to regain focus. T.I. takes a page from that book as his hunger is back on his newest release Paper Trail.
I haven't heard Tip spitting like this since ‘I'm Serious’, as he sounds like a man that knows he almost lost it all. The album stars with ‘56 Bars’, a proper introduction of just hard rapping touching on a dozen topics.
One in particular is taking shots at fellow Atlanta rapper Shawty Low, a re-occuring theme throughout the album.
Radio cuts like ‘Whatever You Like’ and the Rihanna assisted ‘Live My Life’, have been on top of the radio charts for a while.
But the more introspective songs where T.I. drops his guard and tells it all is his most charming asset. Songs like ‘No Matter What’, is a prime example as he talks about his legal woes and the loss of his daughter all while being charming and uncompromising.
This is another solid album from T.I. with strong production and even stronger verses. Read more in this month's issue of HYPE