Monday, 01 December 2008

Maggz does it his way


HYPE got a one on one exclusive with Maggz, chatting about the new album, the Metro award nomination and subsequent disqualification and record labels. Here's what he had to say about signing contracts...

HYPE: You were amongst the first Native Rhythms signings a few years back. What happened that lead to you pulling out of that deal?
Maggz: It’s the same reason I didn’t sign with the other labels that approached me. I’ve been running my own sh*t. I don’t know everything, but I’m learning.


I know my value. I can’t just be an artist for someone else. I want to learn from my own mistakes and I don’t want to have to blame other people for mess ups.


You can run your own thing, it’s not difficult. The road less travelled is the one more rewarding.


Read HYPE to find out more...