
Hip hop activist Mos Def has been kicking up dust and causing tension after he recently challenged Jay-Z and Lil Wayne, amongst others, to a rap battle. Speaking on a video recorded by one of his close friends in Detroit, Mos is adamant that there is no rapper better than him.
“You know why they can’t beat me? I’m better, first of all. They can’t beat me cos I have no fear. And I have the skill to match my courage. It’s not just a vain claim… I’m gonna prove it to you.” He says.
Mos Def is currently in SA, performing at the Cape Town Jazz Festival. He will also be performing in Jsec at Carfax Loaded on 9 April. Jay-Z and Lil Wayne have both pronounced themselves as the greatest rapper alive. If Mos wins the battle, will they still retain this title?
World Star Hip Hop quotes Mos Def: “Do you really think that Jay and Weezy can beat me? It will never happen! None of them! Whoever! I love Freeway, but come get the money if you think you can. Beans, I love him... [Andre 3000], whatever, I'm taking the money back to Brooklyn. I'm taking the money back to Brooklyn. Jay is the best out. I'm taking the championship ring and I'm taking the belt right back."
Stay on HYPEmobi to get more updates on this battle challenge.
Get on worldstarhiphop.com to check out the Mos Def rap battle challenge.