
The legendary DOOM (formerly MF DOOM), the lyrical mastermind dropped his anticipated album 'Born Like This' on Tuesday, 24 March, after almost four years in hibernation.
The album boasts a plethora of hits and features by Ghostface Killa, Raekwon and the late great Dilla. The masked rapper returns to the game after dropping the classic 'MM…Food'. His new album once again has set the bar for the underground with tracks like Ballskin, Gazzilion Ear and Angelz featuring Tony Starks.
DOOM has recently been criticized for apparently sending someone else to perform with the mask at his shows.
DOOM responds: ‘I tell you one thing: when you come to a DOOM show, come expecting to hear music, don’t come expecting to see. You never know who you might see. It has nothing to do with a visual thing. Use your mind and think. I might be there. Next time I do a show, I might tell everybody to close they eyes. Use your own mind’s eye. That’s better than a camera phone, know what I’m sayin?’
Born Like This is without a doubt another classic album that will probably be worshipped by his die-hard fans. After all, it’s not everyday that you hear the all capital letters DOOM shredding the mic with such ease.
Get on myspace.com/mfdoom to listen to the entire Born Like This album.