As one of the leading upcoming female MCs in SA, Skye Wanda has been turning heads and ripping up mic’s on mixtapes since she arrived on the scene. Representing the 031 and Lovechild Productions, she is now on the verge of dropping her debut solo, The Valedictorian, and making her move from the underground to the mainstream market. HYPEmobi caught up with Skye to talk about her upcoming release. Peep this.HYPE: Tell us about you’re new project?
Skye Wanda: It took about a year to put it [The Valedictorian] together. I hadn't quiet figured out the direction I wanted to take, but it is a feel good, don’t give up/love type of album. Telling people not to forget to be strong. I worked with Trey mostly on Production and a bit with Toi and Bassiq as well. The only to features I have are Zakwe and Abdus.
HYPE: What’s the distribution strategy for your new album?
Skye Wanda: Its being distributed independently to small music retail and concept stores like Ritual stores, Jet music stores around the country, and we’ve created a short code number (33903) where you can place order by SMSing ‘Skye Wanda Album’ with your name/number/and address. Download it via MTN Xploaded, email (lovechild031@yahoo.com) or for more info turn to page 48 in the latest HYPE (Aug/Sept).
Stay on HYPEmobi for part 2 of our exclusive with Skye Wanda!