
Yesterday we brought you the first part of the exclusive interview with Maraza, the battle MC who was chosen to represent SA at the finals of the Emcee Africa competition on Channel O. We caught up with him on his feelings about the battle culture in SA and his expectations...
HYPE: How is the overall battle culture in SA currently?
Maraza: It’s vicious! Cats are always up for slaughter. They love it you know. We’re a country that was founded on violence and over-taking and so our people naturally get entertained by seeing that happen somewhere in the street in a cipher. Battles are probably still the biggest draw cards to any underground event.
HYPE: How much pressure does this competition place on your shoulders? Even after the finals go down…
Maraza: Nothing more than the pressure I’ve already exerted on myself. I’m out for world domination with African concentration. This for me isn’t some final frontier. It’s more like a spring board on a very vast obstacle course that I have been on for over a year now.
Catch the last part of this exclusive tomorrow... HYPEMobi: We keeps it hot!