If you were out the loop, lemme fill you in. HYPEmobi caught up with Maggz to talk about the swagger of South African hip hop. Two questions down the line and Maggz is on FIRE!
HYPE: In the latest issue of HYPE, Zuluboy made a controversial remark about swagger, ‘There's no movement in swagger. What about the people who can't afford all the things that the swagger dudes rap about?’ What do you think of his statement?
Maggz: Lol… Firstly, not everyone is broke. And 2nd, who said swag is about money? Its just style, charisma and your sense of dress that’s swagger. Not how paid you are. I’m part of the swagger movement without a doubt but I still gets busy on the mic and I do it for the people and anyone who relates. The swagger movement is alive!
HYPE: Who do you think are the top three S.A. rappers with the most swag?
Maggz: Top 3 S.A. hip hop artists with the most swag, in no particular order are Da L.E.S., L.Tido and me. And I didn’t choose them 'cause they’re my boys. The swag speaks for itself. I might add Teargas to that list. I see the swagger…
Stay tuned to HYPEmobi for an exclusive interview with Slikour!! Coming Monday!