
International hip hop superstar T.I, real name Clifford Harris, will start his jail term of one year and one day on Friday 27 March 2009. T.I was arrested in October 2007 after he was found in possession of three machine guns and two silencers, which his bodyguard – turned informant- delivered to him at his request.
T.I had apparently given his bodyguard $12,000 to buy the weapons, knowing that he was not allowed to own any guns as he is a convicted felon. In March last year, Tip accepted a plea deal that handed down a deferred jail sentence, followed by three years supervised release, plus 1,500 hours of community service and a $ 100,000 fine.
Added to his punishment will also be a period of house arrest as well as completing 1,000 of the community-service hours before his jail time. In a sohh.com T.I made it clear that he will immediately return to hip hop once he gets out. Surprisingly, Tip doesn’t seem to be phased by the whole ordeal and instead has chosen to remain calm and not stress about the near future.
Sohh quotes T.I. ‘[I] focus on today and let tomorrow handle itself. That's all I can do. I don't have [to think about it.] I know it's there. It doesn't require any thought. I think about preparing myself financially making sure that everything is in place that I need it to be in order for the lifestyle of my family to continue in the way that it must.’ - Van-Go