Cap City hip hop veteran Maliq recently released his new mixtape titled Sleepless In Seattle… My Mind on Cap-City and took some time out to talk to HYPE about his new project, and possible retirement from hip hop. Peep this…
HYPE: Who did you work with on the new project and what is the distribution strategy going to entail?
Maliq: Mostly Jake One, the rest are fellow Seattle beat veterans Vitamin D and Bean One. The strategy for the mixtape is practically non-existent. This was just a labour of love. Sleepless In Seattle… My mind On Cap-City is available for free at http://maliq.bandcamp.com if you want it.
HYPE: Will this mixtape be followed up by an album anytime soon?
Maliq: Yes there are definitely plans for a full-length album. I got Trompie and Press Play on production. I'm thinking of naming it “Thanx it's been nice but I really gotta go” or “I love rap, that's why I'm letting go” or something along those lines. Please hit me up at maliq@houseofhiphop.co.za if you get where I’m going with the concept and think you can come up with a better album name.